Pacific Hydro’s Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Challicum Hills Wind Farm back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farm.
Each year, eligible community groups and not-for-profit organisations can apply for project funding up to $10,000 from a pool of $34,000.
Since the commissioning of Challicum Hills Wind Farm in 2005, the Fund has provided more than $725,000 to 243 local sustainable projects. The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $4.9 million to over 1000 projects across Australia since 2005.
Congratulations to the grantees of the 2021 Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund:
- Ararat Eagles Football Netball Club – Increase youth sports, AFL safety equipment/kit
- Ararat Bowling Club – Accessible Bowls
- Lake Bolac Information & Business Centre – Community Centre Computer upgrade
- Buangor Community Sports Centre – Pavilion Outdoor Blinds
- Green Hill Lake Development Board – Promotional Notice Board
- Ararat Basketball Association – ABA Protective padding
- Ararat & District U3A – Science for Seniors
Fund Allocation Panel
All eligible applications are reviewed by a fair and transparent panel. This process ensures community involvement in how funds are allocated and maintains the integrity of the program. The Fund Allocation Panel consists of a local council representative, members of the local community, and Pacific Hydro staff.
Participation provides valuable insight into the application process, and more information about activities in your local community.
To learn more about the types of projects who have received support from Pacific Hydro in other host communities, check out our publication, Local Good – A decade of support for sustainable communities.