Pacific Hydro’s Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund shares the benefits of Challicum Hills Wind Farm with the surrounding communities, providing long-lasting social, economic and environmental benefits.
Since the commissioning of Challicum Hills Wind Farm in 2005, the Fund has provided more than $725,000 to 243 local sustainable projects. The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Benefit Sharing Program, which has provided more than $4.9 million to over 1000 projects across Australia since 2005.
The combined Ararat and Crowlands Sustainable Communities Fund will open for applications in 2023. For more information or to be added to our contact list to be notified when fund dates are released, please email our Community Engagement team on: [email protected]
Congratulations to the grantees of the 2021 Ararat Sustainable Communities Fund:
- Ararat Eagles Football Netball Club – Increase youth sports, AFL safety equipment/kit
- Ararat Bowling Club – Accessible Bowls
- Lake Bolac Information & Business Centre – Community Centre Computer upgrade
- Buangor Community Sports Centre – Pavilion Outdoor Blinds
- Green Hill Lake Development Board – Promotional Notice Board
- Ararat Basketball Association – ABA Protective padding
- Ararat & District U3A – Science for Seniors
Fund Allocation Panel
All eligible applications are reviewed by a fair and transparent panel. This process ensures community involvement in how funds are allocated and maintains the integrity of the program. The Fund Allocation Panel consists of a local council representative, members of the local community, and Pacific Hydro staff.
Participation provides valuable insight into the application process, and more information about activities in your local community.
To learn more about the types of projects who have received support from Pacific Hydro in other host communities, check out our publication, Local Good – A decade of support for sustainable communities.