The Taralga Wind Farm Community Enhancement Fund provides financial contributions to local community projects and initiatives – such as equipment purchases, facility construction, renovation/rehabilitation projects, new programs or special funding that will enhance the community’s quality of life and wellbeing. The Fund aims to support projects and initiatives that contribute to communities within 20km of the wind farm.
The Fund commenced in 2016 and is managed by a committee comprising two community representatives, two Upper Lachlan Shire Council representatives and a Pacific Hydro representative.
Since the commissioning of Taralga Wind Farm in 2016, the Fund has provided more than $730,000 to 53 local sustainable projects. The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $4.9 million to over 1000 projects across Australia since 2005.
Congratulations to the grantees of the 2021 Taralga Wind Farm Community Enhancement Fund:
- Taralga Historical Society – Zero turn mower
- Taralga Golf Club – Golf buggy
- Taralga RSL Sub-branch – War Memorial
- Taralga Showgrounds – Water infrastructure, pipes, fire hose,
- Taralga Medical Association – Windows with double glazing and woodwork
- Taralga Bowling Club – Upgrade bowling green perimeter
- Taralga Playgroup – Furniture & heating
For any enquiries, complaints or feedback, please contact us at [email protected] or 1800 730 734.
For more information about Taralga wind farm, click here.